Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Introduction


Establishing Ethos/Setting the Scene

HELLO WORLD!!! 
Welcome to the first of (hopefully) many editions of Poli-Sci Puellae!

To begin, you may be wondering what exactly Poli-Sci Puellae means. Well it's a phrase I invented for the sake of this blog. Pullae is the dative case for the world girl in Latin and Poli-Sci is short for political science,  so the phrase Poli-Sci Puellae means girl of political-science.

I figured that title was pretty fitting because 1. I am a girl and 2. I am in love with all things Political-Science related. Which is precisely why I created this blog. I LOVE political-science, but I really can't do the political activism/campaigning I yearn for because I'm in college trying to get degrees in Political-Science with an emphasis in Public Service-Political Management, International Studies, and Public History. Also the college I'm at is in North Dakota, so there's really not a lot to do for a blue girl in a red state. 

But I'm not going to write this as a Democrat or as a female. I'm writing this because I am a young person, and being and a young person I see the need for youth to be active. So here I am to hopefully connect with a wider audience to convince my friends, and their other friends, and people I haven't met to pick up a clip board, or a poster and get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment